Imagen: Utopian Socialist Pamphlet of Rudolf Sutermeister. Public Domain.https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Ehrerbietige_Vorstellung_und_Einladung_an_meine_lieben_Mitmenschen.pdf
Instructions: Read the text about Socialism. Look at the words in bold.
How has Socialism been defined?
Socialism is a range of economic and social systems characterized by social owenership and democratic control of the means of production, as well as the political ideologies, theories, and movements that aim at their establishment. Social ownership may refer to forms of public, collective or cooperative ownership; to citizen ownership of equality; or to any combination of these. Although there have been many varieties of socialism and there has not been a single definition encapsulating all of them, social ownership is the common element shared by its various forms.
Socialism. Retrieved adn adapted November, 2016 from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialism
Getting started: Socialist Political movement
Instructions: Read the text to do the activities suggested.
The socialist political movement includes a diverse array of political philosophies that originated amid the revolutionary movement of the mid-to-late 1700s and of a general concern for the social problems that were associated with capitalism. In addition to the debate over markets and planning, the varieties of socialism differ in their form of social ownership, how management is to be organized within productive institutions, and the role of the state in constructing socialism.
Social politics have been both centralist and decentralized; internationalist and nationalist in orientation; organized through political parties and opposed to party politics; at times overlapping with trade unions and at other times independent of, and critical of, unions; and present in both industrialized and developing countries.
Socialism. Retrieved adn adapted November, 2016 fromhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialism
How or Which
Instructions: Complete the following questions with How or Which.
1. political philosophies has the social political movement include?
2. have the varieties of socialism differed?
3. has social politics been divided?
The Present Perfect with Question Words
Let’s study the Present Perfect with Question words.
Instructions: Read about The Present Perfect with Question Words.
Remember: The Present Perfect Tense is used to
- Express an action that happened at an unspecified time before now, because the exact time is not important.
Example: Have you gone to Europe?
- Talk about an action that started in the past and hasn’t finished yet.
Example: Has your best friend lived near your house for many years?
- Indicate an action that has taken place once, never or several times before the moment of speaking.
Example: Has your best friend never lied to you?
- Refer an action in the past that has finished recently or has influence on the present.
Example: Has your husband prepared dinner?
Look at the word order in the interrogative form with question words:
|Question word||Auxiliary Have or Has||Subject||Verb (Past Participle)||Complement?||Answers|
|How long||have||you||worked||for a Multinational company?||For two years.|
|What||has||your best friend||studied||for three years?||English.|
|What||has||the cat||chased?||A lot of mice.|
|Where||have||the boys||gone?||To a football match.|
Instructions: Fill in the gaps with the following question words:
1. times have you gone to a Socialist country?
2. have you stayed there?
3. has gone with you?
4. have you done there?
5. museums have you visited?
6. else have you traveled?
7. have many people traveled alone?
Questions and answers
Instructions: Write questions with have or has and the following prompts:
- Who / explained to you political systems in history?
- What / you done to understand world political systems?
- Which economics writers / you read?
- How many books about socialism / you read?
- Where / real socialism been established for many years?
- How long / China had a mixed economic system?
- How many countries / been ruled by the socialism system?
Origen of Socialism
Instructions: Unscramble the words to make questions.