Instructions: Read the conversation. Look at the underlined expressions.
- Jane: Good afternoon! I’m Jane. What’s your name?
- Elizabeth: Good afternoon! I’m Elizabeth. Nice to meet you.
- Jane: Nice to meet you, too, Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth: Are you a student here?
- Jane: Yes, I am. How about you?
- Elizabeth: Well, actually I’m not a student. I’m a teacher.
- Jane: Really? Are you from Georgetown?
- Elizabeth: Yes, I am from Georgetown. Where are you from?
- Jane: I’m from Vermont. How old are you?
- Elizabeth: I’m 35 years old. And you?
- Jane: I’m 25. Listen, do you have any hobbies?
- Elizabeth: Well, I like collecting postcards from around the world. And you? Do you have any hobbies?
- Jane: Mmm, I like listening to music a lot when I have free time.
- Elizabeth: That’s nice. What kind of music do you like?
- Jane: Oh, Look at the time. I enjoyed talking to you, but I have to go. See you later!
- Elizabeth: See you later? Aren’t you staying for class?
- Jane: Well, the teacher isn’t here.
- Elizabeth: I am the teacher.
- Jane: What? Oops! Nice to meet you again!
Getting started: Listening to a conversation
Instructions: Listen to the conversation to do the activity suggested.
A, B or C?
Instructions: Choose the correct option.
Questions and answers for personal information
Let’s ask and answer to exchange personal information.
Instructions: Look at the following questions and answers for personal information:
|Name||What’s your name?||
My name’s :
My name is Edward.
Where do you live?
What’s your address?
I live in . (country, city, town, neighborhood)
I live at . (number and street, or avenue)
I live on . (name of the street or avenue)
I live in Mexico.
I live at 15 Road St.
I live on Reforma Ave.
Where are you from?
What’s your nationality?
I’m from . (country).
I’m . (nationality)
I’m from Italy.
|Age||How old are you?||
I’m . (age)
I’m 29 years old.
I’m in my twenties.
|Hobbies and interests||Do you have any hobbies?||
I play video games.
I collect stamps.
I sing in a choir.
What’s the answer?
Instructions: Match the questions and answers.
1. What’s your name? .
2. Where are you from? .
3. How old are you? .
4. Where do you live? .
5. Do you have any hobbies? .
Instructions: Write the questions for the following answers:
I’m 35 years old.
I live in Europe.
I like acting.
Nice to meet you!
Instructions: Write the appropriate questions or expressions to make a conversation.
- person_pin David: Hello! I’m David.
- person_pinPierre: I’m Pierre.
- person_pin David: I’m British. How about you?
- person_pinPierre: I’m French.
- person_pin David: I’m in my thirties. And you?
- person_pinPierre: I’m in my thirties too!
- person_pin David: I live in the US. And you?
- person_pinPierre: I live in France, but I’m on vacation in Miami now.
- person_pinPierre: I love swimming. And you?
- person_pinDavid: I like playing soccer. Listen, I have to go.
- person_pinPierre: Nice to meet you, too! doneCheck